We are extremely proud of our students’ achievement in their GCSE results this year. With more challenging GCSEs in English Language, English Literature and Mathematics our students’ performance has been excellent.
With the newly introduced grading system this year, 70% of students achieved a grade 4 or above (equivalent to the old C grade) in English and Mathematics. This is a significant increase on our 2016 results in these core subjects.
Similarly, students have achieved outstanding results in Art (91% A*-C), Biology (95%), Catering (84.62% A*-C), Chemistry (95%), Drama (90%), Geography (75%), Physics (100%) and ICT (91%). Furthermore, 16% of all grades achieved across every subject were A*/A (or their equivalents in English and Mathematics).
Our students have worked incredibly hard to achieve these very high grades and reflect the high standards of teaching and learning across Sir William Romney’s School.
While we are proud of all students’ achievements, we would like to congratulate the following students for exceptional performance in their examinations:
- Lilia Kayani (9,9, 7,A*, A, A, A, A, A)
- Anouk Whiting-Ferrolho (9,8,6,A, A,A,A,A,C)
- Anna Chappell (8,8,7,A*,A,A,A,A,A)
- Chloe Boyd (9,5,5,A*,A,A,B,B,C)
- Maisie Geers (8,7,6,A*,A,A,AB,B)
- Rhiannon Brown (7,7,7,A*,A,A,A,A,B)
- Steven Holloway (8,7,7,A,A,B,B,B,B)
- Milo Herbert (6,5,5,A,B,B,B,B,C)